Ba Ex Sci
Ba Psych, Grand Dip Psych
M Appl Psych (Sport)
Stephen is a registered psychologist who works with athletes and non-athletes on a range of issues and areas including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, conflict management, anger management, sport performance issues, goal setting, stress management, relationships, self confidence, post injury / rehabilitation issues and counselling.
Stephen has enjoyed working with athletes from a range of sports such as: Australian Rules Football, golf, powerlifting, middle distance running, diving, Paralympic athletes, cycling and tennis to name a few.
Stephen incorporates a number of techniques when working with clients and organisations that include cognitive behaviour therapy, mindfulness based cognitive therapy, and a psychodynamic psychotherapy approach. Stephen is passionate about working with individuals to assist in overcoming personal barriers to achieving their goals and a happy, healthy wellbeing.
Stephen has provided services for the following teams and organisations:
- Calder Cannons Football Club TAC Cup
- Melbourne Victory Women’s soccer team
- Victorian Diving Association
- Barwon Sports Academy
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Lecturer Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology in the Exercise Physiology Masters program at Victoria University
- Work cover provider
- Masters Applied Psychology
- Graduate Diploma Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Exercise Science and Human Movement
Personal Sporting experience/ interests/hobbies:
- Australian rules football with the Western Jets in the TAC cup and Williamstown Football Club in the VFL
- Current hobbies include surfing, powerlifting, and golf
Share this page: